Currently rereading The Heroes of Olympus (HoO)series. The fifth and final book in the series was released back in early October. I need to strategize here and figure out what I want to read this year...or at least over the next few months. Below is a bit of reference guide for me. If you have read any of these books let me know what you think of them.
- Finish up the HoO series (currently re-reading the The Son of Neptune, then on to The Mark of Athena (I don't recall liking that one as much but Annabeth was never one of my favs), The House of Hades and the new book - The Blood of Olympus)
- I just found out that Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter was only part one of a trilogy! Ahhh!! I thought for sure it was a stand-alone given the subject matter. But I assume she must weave all the stories (Island of Dr. Moreau, Jekyll & Hyde and Frankenstein) together in some fashion. Suffice to say I'll be (re-)reading all three (The Madman's Daughter, Her Dark Curiosity, A Cold Legacy) but I'm more interested in the final book in the trilogy which is being released later this month...the one that focuses on Frankenstein. These books are priority. (Side note: why hasn't anyone remade Island of Dr. Moreau into a movie...with the CG possibilities these days it could be downright creepy brilliant?!)
- The Table of Less Valued Knights by Marie Phillips. I need something quick and light to read before I go back to the Megan Shepherd series so this may be next up after HoO. I wasn't a huge fan of Marie's Gods Behaving Badly but I'm willing to give her another try with Camelot.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel...ok I'm normally not that swayed by public opinion but this book genuinely does sound interesting.
- Finish up the A.G. Howard Alice in Wonderland themed trilogy. In other words, a reread of Splintered and then on to Unhinged which has been on my ereader for months now. Conclude with Ensnared which was just released this past week.
- At some point I will finish up reading The Mortal Instruments series...two books to go...and then read The Infernal Devices series. All books are sitting on my ereader...waiting.
- A few others - Angelopolis (I've been holding off on this sequel as I suspect they will turn it into a trilogy). Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison...I'm just not in the mood to read about the Romanovs right now. Lady Macbeth (A Novel)...holding off on this as I suspect I'll be more inclined towards reading it around the time of the release of the Fassbender/Cotillard movie version of Macbeth .
- Last but not least - Talon - by Julie Kagawa. You know I love Julie but you also know I hate waiting for books in trilogy. It is killing me not reading this book now but I'm holding off until the trilogy is complete.