Jealousy is rearing it’s ugly head yet again. You should know by now that the only thing that ever really makes me jealous is when people start talking about their vacations. It’s sort of a double edged sword for me. I love hearing about people's travel exploits but yet I get so insanely jealous because I wish I was the one taking those vacation. My latest vacation envy is courtesy of a Twitter follower who just went to Rome and Paris this past summer and is now going to Turkey. *sigh* One day this will be me. In the meantime, here is yet another travel list to keep me (and hopefully you) entertained. Today’s list is Lonely Planet’s World’s 10 Best Festivals...
- Mardi Gras, USA (I'd go to New Orleans whether Mardi Gras was on or not)
- Carnaval, Brazil (TOO SCARY)
- Kanamara Matsuri, Japan (a little odd if you ask me)
- Semana Santa, Guatemala (re-enactments of Ancient times? Where do I sign up?)
- Il Palio, Italy (horses, screaming Italians and lots of food...always a good mix)
- La Tomatina, Spain (no no no...these Spaniards are almost as crazy as the ones who run with the bulls)
- Burning Man, USA (it all sounds kind of like a weird version of Woodstock minus the good music)
- Diwali, India (pretty)
- Día de Muertos, Mexico (this might actually be the most interesting of all these festivals)
- Noche de los Rábanos, Mexico (seriously? How did a festival celebrating radishes make this list?)
If you want to read more about the list and details on the festivals, check out this link.
I’m not to keen on attending the loud, party kind of festivals (I am thinking of Toronto’s own Caribana as I type this) but some these are just too cool – Semana Santa, Il Palio , Diwali and Dia de Muertos - all will definitely be taken into consideration when planning for that next vacation...